If you have received a new gas card in your Home Energy Top Up pack make sure you
have activated it by inserting it into your gas meter for 1 minute first then go
to step 1 below.
If you're an electricity customer, you should continue using your
existing key, then:
- Go to Home Energy Top Up.
- Plug the Home Energy Top Up connector into your computer's USB port.
- If your computer advises you to download some software, follow the links to the
relevant website and install the software.
- When the download has finished, insert your gas card or electricity key into the
- Click on register on the British Gas site and enter your Customer
ID (you'll find this on the letter that came with your connector).
- You can now top up. When you top up for the first time you may be asked to download
ActiveX. Accept the application and follow the on-screen instructions.